Ellada Games has announced that Niffelheim is receiving a major content update. Boasting positive reviews on Steam and numerous DevGAMM Award nominations, Niffelheim’s expansive content update promises new and existing players hours of new fun, along with fixes and updates that are sure to reignite players’ love for the game.
In Niffelheim, players take on the role of a brave warrior searching for peace following being slain in a bloody battle. But, instead of peace, his soul is trapped in Niffelheim, an unforgiving purgatory filled with hostile beats, harsh environments, and unforgiving dungeons ripe for pillaging. With eternal freedom gnawing at his bootstraps, he must keep trudging forward toward glorious Valhalla.
Essentially, it is a 2D side-scroller featuring classic RPG elements such as resource gathering, environment exploration, and a decent storyline. Today’s content update includes boss balances, satiety improvements, general bug fixes, and much more. Currently available on PC, Niffelheim is slated to release onto the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One consoles this Spring.
Here is what’s included in the Niffelheim content update:
- Balance updates to bosses and enemies alike! Loot has also been rebalanced with a new loot spawning system
- Action tips provided on-screen to provide a more comfortable and welcoming experience for new and returning players that can be disabled in the settings menu
- Never be hungry! Satiety has been rebalanced to ensure players’ stomachs stay fuller longer to keep starvation at bay
- All character animations have been reworked so each character will have a refreshing bit of individuality
- Enemy mobs and bosses have been randomly dispersed among dungeons so that each exploration is unpredictable and thrilling!
You can watch the new trailer below:
If it sounds like your kind of game, Niffelheim is currently 66% off on Steam.